There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about the things that I could of done or that I should of done or I should of planned... Sometimes you can overdo it too. The real reason for this post is not to talk about what I could have or should have done but who am I planning for.
Great ideas are just that; ideas. But until you do something with that idea, its nothing more than a really cool thought. You can't plan for someone else either. If you're trying to live vicariously through someone else you've already failed. The way you planned someone else's life may not be the way they wish to live it.
I often struggle with the way my children think they should live. You see, I planned their life and what they would do in their careers when they grew up while they were still babies. Believe it or not everything that I had planned is not what they wanted to do. I'm sure you are shocked now. Nevertheless, that's how it is.
Whether or not I think they're doing what they should for their lives to be successful doesn't really matter if they don't see it that way. I can only hope for the best and hope that whatever I taught them sunk in.
Tomorrow is another day...

No comments:
Post a Comment