Wednesday, September 7, 2011

When I woke up...

When I woke up this morning, I realized that today was going to be another long one. I'd scheduled appointments for myself till after 5pm and without any thought to how I would be feeling. Today, I am sleepy and would enjoy going home a little earlier, but not so. I have a 5pm appointment and then a 5:30pm appointment that may last me till after 6:30pm. So much for a break.

I woke up feeling defeated and outnumbered. Thoughts about our financial status (income vs expense) and thought about our son who's still not any more motivated to get a job than he was when he lost his job at Wal-Mart. I thought about our daughter who's 3 months married now and in her new apartment and still needs mom and dad to help her financially. All these things are getting more expensive than I can handle. The up side to this situation is that my teeth are all good now (I loathe going to dentists) and even though the credit cards are an encumbrance, they're not maxed out. I am still able to pay our bills and have money left over to help others. Now, it's not nearly as much money as I'd like to have but you know what? I have learned that there's never enough money because you'll spend as much as you make; forgetting that you need to be more like the ant and less like the grasshopper...easier said than done...

I have a job!! How wonderful is that!? Likewise, I have opportunity for raises, and I love the job I have. I am thankful to God that I have it because it was by Him that I have it in the first place. He knew the kind of job I needed with my disability and provided it to me. Even when it was temporarily removed from my hands, it was returned to me and I am here almost 6 years now.

I am missing my husband now because he's on another out of state job (but thank God he has a job!). It is so lonely without him. I miss him terribly and it makes for a hard time sleeping without him beside me at night. After almost 20 years together, it does not get easier when he has to leave out of town.

Well, it's time to work. I'm not getting paid to post blogs (although that would be a nice 2nd job).

Till I visit again, God bless you and have a wonder filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment